Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 4, Complete.

We have now successfully completed four weeks of being married! The apartment is slowly starting to look more like a home.....and less like a bachelor pad...shhhhhh! On the agenda for tonight is our first dinner hosted in our home for friends! I am so excited and so fulfilled cooking in my own kitchen for other people! The menu is spicy orange chicken over rice, spinach salad and brownie sundaes for dessert! I am finally old enough and wise enough to start making dinner, dessert and side dishes all at once WITHOUT setting off the smoke alarm...which is quite a relief because as of recently, our smoke detector was replaced with some sort of crazy robot type that very loudly and very startlingly says "Attention! There is a fire!" I only know this because a few days ago (when I was less old and less wise in the kitchen), I thought it would be prudent to burn pasta sauce just to check the new alarm. I will say in my defense, it only continued to burn because I was so startled and perplexed by the automated yelling coming from the ceiling, that my reflexes were quite stinted. I am thrilled that I have conquered the cooking for company challenge for tonight though, now we are anxiously awaiting their arrival!

Jordan and I spent the day unexpectedly browsing for used cars, finishing up our gift card shopping spree at Target and fighting bustling Walmart traffic for groceries. It seems that people in Colorado never get used to the snow, every time there is a rumor of snow, grocery store lines get packed with herds of people preparing for a winter-long hibernation in a matter of mere minutes. By the time we got home, we had just enough time to clean up the apartment, take a quick nap and even slip some TV time in before I had to start cooking. Overall, it was a productive and entertaining day. We finally are falling into a routine together and I absolutely love it. Anyway, that is all for now because I believe our company will be here any minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment